THE HONG KONG POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
With 85 years of wealthy heritage, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) has advanced alongside our society and made pivotal contributions to the development of Hong Kong, the Nation and the world. PolyU pursues world-class excellence in training and analysis, and it offers a extensive range of programmes in six schools and three unbiased faculties. Besides ranking among the many high 100 universities globally by both THE and QS World University Rankings, PolyU was placed among the high 50 universities in four disciplines in QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023, with three of them ranking 1st in Hong Kong.
DEPARTMENT OF FOOD SCIENCE AND NUTRITION
Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Food, Nutrition and Human Health (four posts)(Ref. 230912006)
The Department of Food Science and Nutrition is a multi-disciplinary division established from 1 January 2023 underneath the Faculty of Science. With the distinctive standing in Hong Kong and the commitment to quality teaching, analysis excellence and knowledge switch, the Department is envisioned to develop all-rounded graduates with skilled skills, and promote interdisciplinary analysis with constructive societal impacts. The Department’s key research pillars are Food Safety, Food Technology, Human Nutrition and Chinese Medicine. Currently, there are about 18 educational and teaching workers and 12 Research Assistant Professors within the Department. Please go to the website at www.polyu.edu.hk/fsn/ for more information about the Department.
The appointees shall be required to:
- provide leadership in all aspects of academic activities, including analysis, educating and repair within the Department;
- provide leadership in promoting analysis collaboration, securing external research grants, bettering research quality and publication outputs;
- facilitate the Department to achieve and improve visibility and international/industrial connections;
- teach and contribute to curriculum growth at undergraduate and postgraduate ranges;
- engage within the supervision of research college students of the Department, similar to MPhil and PhD college students;
- carry out tutorial and administrative duties as required; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department or his/her delegates.
- have a doctoral diploma in Food, Nutrition and Human Health or a related self-discipline;
- have substantial years of relevant expertise in analysis and university instructing within the discipline of Food, Nutrition and Human Health;
- have proven monitor information in educating and analysis;
- have demonstrated excellence in establishing significant externally funded analysis programmes;
- have appreciable expertise in academic programme planning, administration and curriculum development;
- be able to show academic management and management capabilities; and
- be open to the use of e-learning and blended studying strategies in teaching and scholarship.
Applicants for appointment at Professor or Associate Professor degree should have substantial years of related post-qualification experience and an excellent record of related tutorial and/or research achievement. Applicants with much less experience will be thought of for appointment as Assistant Professor.
Conditions of Service
A highly aggressive remuneration bundle will be provided. Initial appointment for Assistant Professor might be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. An applicable time period will be supplied for appointment at Associate Professor and Professor ranges. For common info on phrases and conditions for appointment of academic workers in the University, please go to the website at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/docdrive/careers/doc/Prof.pdf.
Please submit an utility via PolyU’s career web site (https://jobs.polyu.edu.hk/academic). Consideration of functions will begin on 25 September 2023 till the positions are filled. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment may be discovered at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/pics_for_recruitment/.
PolyU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, household standing or bodily or psychological disabilities.